Thursday 5 July 2007

One step away from a boning...


The Nation takes a step closer to a boning:

The Nation, which reached a series low on Tuesday night with 548,000 viewers, will be moved to Wednesdays at 10.30pm from July 11.
The show was a low point for Nine on what was one of the network's worst nights of 2007.
Nine finished the night third in primetime with a paltry 21.2 per cent audience share behind Seven on 34.8 per cent and Ten on 23.8.

While the show has failed to connect with viewers, a statement from Nine confirmed its commitment to Molloy's embattled project.
"Channel 9 is a great supporter of Mick Molloy and wants to give the show an opportunity to grow and build its audience," the statement said.
Molloy may have a better chance at surviving to his eighth episode, which he said was his target in order to match his previous axed talk show on Nine.
"We are rapt to have the opportunity to reshape the show for a late night timeslot," Molloy said.
"Wednesday night at 10.30 feels much more like my natural habitat and I look forward to crushing Sandra Sully like an ant."



Oh well, I guess that what happens when you make tv on the run?

5 comments:

gigglewick said...

I'm confused by television these days.

How is it that, outside the ABC and SBS, absolutely NOTHING is guaranteed a whole season anymore? I'm not a fan of The Nation, but I think the lack of faith shown by networks in artists* is really disappointing. what's more, Nine clearly considered TN a "star vehicle" for Molloy - goodness knows what would have become of a similar pitch without a "name" behind it*.

* In the words of Shaun Micallef, "into the Bin!" I expect.

Leilani said...

I agree, if an unknown was trying to get a similar show up there would have been a lot more work thrown into it I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Leilani - you're got to let it go now... just like Mick did with his waistline.

John said...

I watched this weeks episode and it wasn't that funny. Nikki Osbourne was pretty hot as a flight attendant, but I still get the feeling that the fake blokeiness thing is killing it. PLus, it's strange to see Mick in a suit and still do the bloke thing.

Leilani said...

I watched it too JS and Mick just seems like he's paddling a sinking ship. Strangely enough I heard him on radio this morning (a repeat from during the week) and he was so engaging and funny. I just think he works better as part of a team and can't cut the mustard as a host.